The University Governance office enables the effective governance of the University through the following key functions:
- Facilitates major decision-making processes of the University through effective information flows including between University Council and its committees, Academic Senate and its committees, the Vice-Chancellor and Senior Executive
- Provides an advisory, consultative, secretarial and executive service to: the Chancellor; the University Council and its Committees; Academic Senate and its committees; the Vice-Chancellor and other major decision-making bodies within the University
- Monitors governance structures and processes and recommends and implements improvements, including oversight of the University's internal policies and delegations
- Supports the University’s management of legal issues and risks by providing legal advice to all University administrative and academic areas
- Provides a contemporary and robust internal audit program and corporate risk management processes, including business continuity
- Ensures the maintenance of a robust compliance framework (including regulatory and legislative compliance).