Allocated Complimentary Guest Tickets
- If you have indicated in eStudent that you will be attending, you will receive two complimentary tickets for your guests to attend the graduation ceremony. You do not need a ticket for yourself.
- Visit eStudent to double-check that you are listed as attending.
- Collect your tickets at the gown hire location when you collect your gown.
- If you already have your own gown or are not going to hire a gown, you will still need to go to the gown hire location to collect your tickets.
- The University has no objection to graduands who need more than two tickets obtaining them from those who need less than two.
- Tickets are specific to each ceremony and cannot be transferred. The University strongly discourages 'scalpers' who offer tickets for sale.
- Wheelchair access is available at all venues.
Additional Guest Tickets
Additional tickets for the Summer Graduation Ceremonies will be available to purchase online.
- General Admission tickets purchased online are $24.19 (inclusive of booking agency fees)
- Additional guest tickets go on sale Tuesday 5th November at 10.00am.
- A Buy Now option will be included on this page once tickets are on sale.
UTAS graduation ceremonies are general admission and all guests are required to have a valid ticket for the graduation ceremony.
- Doors open one hour before the start time of your ceremony. Guests should be seated at least 15 minutes before the advertised commencement time of the ceremony.
- As guests do not have allocated seats, those who come earliest will obtain the best seats.
- Your guests are not able to 'save seats', so please advise your guests to arrive together if they would like to be seated together.
- Advise your guests to leave plenty of time to find parking, the venue, and be seated.
- Because of the formality of the occasion, all ceremonies start exactly on time.
- Guests will not normally be admitted once the ceremony has commenced.
- Children occupying a seat of their own will require a ticket. If your child can sit on an adult's lap, they will not require a ticket.
Guests with Babies & Small Children
Graduation ceremonies are formal occasions with several speeches and are, therefore, not always suitable for young children.
- If you wish to take young children, please be prepared with a snack, a drink and a quiet toy/book/activity. For ceremonies held at the Federation Concert Hall or City Recital Hall, Angel Place no food or drink is permitted in the auditorium.
- No child-minding service is provided.
- Parents with young children or babies are requested to sit near an exit to ensure minimum stress to all concerned.
- As mentioned above, children occupying a seat of their own will require a ticket. If your child can sit on an adult's lap, they will not require a ticket.