Allocated Complimentary Guest Tickets
- If you have indicated in eStudent that you will be attending, you will receive two complimentary tickets for your guests to attend the graduation ceremony. You do not need a ticket for yourself.
- Visit eStudent to double-check that you are listed as attending.
- Collect your tickets at the gown hire location when you collect your gown.
- If you already have your own gown or are not going to hire a gown, you will still need to go to the gown hire location to collect your tickets.
- The University has no objection to graduands who need more than two tickets obtaining them from those who need less than two.
- Tickets are specific to each ceremony and cannot be transferred. The University strongly discourages 'scalpers' who offer tickets for sale.
- Wheelchair access is available at all venues.
Additional Guest Tickets
Additional tickets for the Summer Graduation Ceremonies are not yet available. Check back soon for more information on ticketing and the release date for ticket sales. A Buy Now option will be included on this page once tickets are on sale.
UTAS graduation ceremonies are general admission and all guests are required to have a valid ticket for the graduation ceremony.
- Doors open one hour before the start time of your ceremony. Guests should be seated at least 15 minutes before the advertised commencement time of the ceremony.
- As guests do not have allocated seats, those who come earliest will obtain the best seats.
- Your guests are not able to 'save seats', so please advise your guests to arrive together if they would like to be seated together.
- Advise your guests to leave plenty of time to find parking, the venue, and be seated.
- Because of the formality of the occasion, all ceremonies start exactly on time.
- Guests will not normally be admitted once the ceremony has commenced.
- Children occupying a seat of their own will require a ticket. If your child can sit on an adult's lap, they will not require a ticket.
Guests with Babies & Small Children
Graduation ceremonies are formal occasions with several speeches and are, therefore, not always suitable for young children.
- If you wish to take young children, please be prepared with a snack, a drink and a quiet toy/book/activity. For ceremonies held at the Federation Concert Hall or City Recital Hall, Angel Place no food or drink is permitted in the auditorium.
- No child-minding service is provided.
- Parents with young children or babies are requested to sit near an exit to ensure minimum stress to all concerned.
- As mentioned above, children occupying a seat of their own will require a ticket. If your child can sit on an adult's lap, they will not require a ticket.