Skip to content

Certificates & Transcripts

  • Once you have completed your studies and your status has been formally recognised, you are eligible to receive a certificate (testamur) from the University. You will receive both a hard copy and secure digital copy via the My eQuals portal
  • Your testamur is presented to you at your graduation ceremony if you attend. You cannot receive your testamur before your graduation ceremony.
  • If you do not attend (i.e. you graduate in absentia), your testamur will be sent by Registered Post . Testamurs are usually posted 4-5 weeks after your graduation ceremony date.
  • The testamur is a legal document, issued under the direction of the Chancellor and the Vice-Chancellor, and imprinted with the University Seal.
  • If you lose your certificate, or it is damaged significantly, a replacement can only be made after you have made a statutory declaration outlining the circumstances of the loss or damage, and, if accepted, pay a fee of $100 (hard copy) or $150 (hard copy and digital version).
  • Apply for a replacement certificate.
  • The name on your testamur is your Formal Name (your First Name, Other Given Name/s and Family Name). If you require changes (e.g. spelling mistakes, or a change to the order in which we have shown your names), please advise U Connect immediately. See Name Changes & Protocol.
  • You can make changes to your name details up to 21 days before your graduation ceremony.
  • Once you have graduated, you cannot update the name details on your testamur, except in cases of a change of gender.
  • If you have changed your gender and would like your documents updated, please email us for advice
  • A transcript of your academic record, giving complete details of your studies at the University, including the courses completed and the awards conferred. You will receive your transcript with your testamur at your graduation ceremony. If you don't attend, these will be posted to you in the weeks following the ceremony. You will also receive a digital copy via My eQuals.
  • You will also receive your AHEGS (Australian Higher Education Graduate Statement) as a digital copy via My eQuals. Hard copy AHEGS are no longer provided.
  • If you are graduating in absentia your academic transcript will be mailed with the package containing your testamur and Graduation Program.
  • You may obtain additional academic transcripts by submitting an order through eStudent or by completing a Request for Academic Transcript form