Graduation documents are now available in digital format
In 2018, the University of Tasmania will be making digital academic documents available to graduating students via the My eQuals portal, a secure and trusted provider of certified documents.
My eQuals is a shared portal which allows you to securely access and share your academic documents online with anyone, including employers and other universities.
My eQuals is being adopted by 46 Universities across Australia and New Zealand, and will minimise the potential for document fraud, as well as assuring integrity and safeguarding the quality and reputation across the Higher Education sector.
The University of Tasmania will begin issuing digital academic documents to all graduands from April 2018.
Students graduating in Sydney in April 2018 will receive digital academic documents (as well as hard copies).
- When you graduate, you will receive both a digital and a hard copy version of your academic transcript, Australian Higher Education Graduate Statement (AHEGS) and testamur.
- From May 21st, 2018, you can request and pay for a digital academic transcript before you graduate, if you need one, just as you can now with hard copy academic transcripts.
- Digital academic documents will be available to order from 21st May 2018. Prior students may request and pay for a digital copy of their Academic transcript. Digital copies of testamurs will only be provided as a replacement copy when the original paper document has been damaged or lost. The university will only be providing digital, original testamurs for students graduating in or after April 2018.
- Graduating students are provided with both digital and hard copies of their testamur (graduation certificate), academic transcripts, and AHEGS upon graduation. Hard copies of documents will be posted to students in the weeks following graduation. Digital copies will be generated after your graduation ceremony.
- Once your digital copies are available, an email will be sent to your UTAS email address with instructions to register with My eQuals.
Current and past students
- Current students can request a digital copy of their Academic transcript in eStudent from May 21st 2018.
Alumni can only request a digital replacement copy of their testamur from May 21st 2018, provided the original is lost or destroyed; fees apply. For more information about replacement testamurs, please see this Ask Us answer
Instant, secure and environmentally-friendly, My eQuals protects your credentials, guaranteeing the integrity and authenticity of your digital documents.
The underlying systems have been independently tested by security experts to ensure documents are authentic, tamper-evident and legally valid when viewed online. All documents have digital signatures that meet the legal requirements of certified digital documents in countries around the world, including EU Digital Signatures Directive 1999/93/EC.
My eQuals is being used by 47 universities in Australia and New Zealand.
For more information refer to the My eQuals website.