Online course: English By Nature: Tasmania’s : Unique Wildlife and Environment
ABOUT THIS COURSE
You will learn about Tasmania’s unique wildlife and diverse natural environment whilst increasing your knowledge and use of the English Language. Wildlife conservation and biodiversity will be explored.
*Over 2 weeks Monday – Friday Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) currently set at 12:30pm
HOW YOU WILL LEARN
You will be guided by your teachers to the conclusion of the course using a range of texts, adapted media and materials including newspaper, web, quizzes and a variety of group activities. This course requires active participation.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- New vocabulary and grammar structures
- How to effectively participate in discussions
- How to develop a written report
- How to deliver an effective presentation
END OF COURSE
Complete all sections of the course to receive a Certificate of Achievement.
You will need to complete short homework tasks and make a final presentation.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Terms and Conditions, which may be modified from time to time, apply to the registration and participation in an English Language Study Tours Online Short Course offered by the University of Tasmania (UTAS). By completing a registration application, the student-applicant acknowledges that they have read, understood, and agree to the Terms and Conditions, which are set out below.
REGISTRATION (APPLICATION PROCESS)
- Participants must be 18 or over to apply for this online course.
- UTAS will confirm by email, the Applicant’s Registration, as soon as all due payments have been received.
- An electronic receipt is issued at the time of payment and emailed to the email address shown on the completed Application.
- Payment is required to be made by each individual applicant at least one month prior to the Course commencement date.
- Participants who have not paid all the necessary Course fees by the required date, will not be able to participate in that Course.
- Registration is for the date specified at the time of registering, unless otherwise changed by UTAS.
- Registration cannot be transferred to another date or a different Course.
- If the minimum number of applications for a particular Course is not reached, that Course will be cancelled, participants notified and any course fees paid will be reimbursed fully.
Information about Registration
UTAS will send a reminder email prior to the start date of the Course. It is important that Applicants read and understand all the information contained in this email.
In rare circumstances, emails may be sent to junk mail. Please check junk mailboxes if you have not received emails from UTAS.
By registering for this online Course, you agree and acknowledge that the terms of participating in the online short course, does not in any way constitute enrolment or registration in any other Course offered by UTAS or any other education institution or organisation.
To participate in the Course, you must register on the Course website and provide all required information. UTAS reserves the right to terminate a participant’s access to the Course where any information provided is not complete, is inaccurate or untrue. Any termination under these circumstances may not entitle the participant to a refund of any fees paid.
Credit /Debit Card
Payment may be made by credit card online at the time of Registration. VISA/Mastercard is accepted.
LIVE ONLINE COURSES
Rules for online conduct
UTAS reserves the right to remove any offensive online material and may prohibit an offending Course participant from having further access to the Course at any time, with or without notice where prohibited activities have occurred. Attendees who have their Course terminated for breaching the rules of online conduct, are not entitled to any refund for any Course already commenced.
Participants who do not comply with the online rules, may receive a refund for Courses that have not yet commenced and for which they have paid in advance.
By providing your details and payment for this Course, participants agree:
- To respect content and access to materials provided
- To respect all other participants and teaching presenters, by actively participating in each of the sessions as and when provided without bullying or displaying behaviour that otherwise harms other users
- That the content we provide belongs solely to the UNIVERSITY OF TASMANIA – participants may only use the content for personal learning but not for further distribution
- To have your image or ZOOM meetings recorded by UTAS for marketing purposes. (i.e. appear in future marketing materials or on our University webpage)
- The Materials ( e.g. digital data, videos, photos ) submitted and used for class purposes and / or assessments, may be used for advertising purposes by the University
- To be responsible for materials that does not infringe the copyright or other rights of third parties
- Not to access any other participant’s account
- To not knowingly transmit any data or send, or submit any content that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, key-stroke loggers, spyware, adware, or any other harmful programs designed to adversely affect the operation or computer software/ hardware that will be used in the delivery of the Course
Links to Externally Hosted Content and Sites
The Course may include hyperlinks to content, courses and sites that are maintained or controlled by others. UTAS and/ or its affiliates and licensers are not responsible for and do not routinely screen, review, endorse or approve the contents of, or use of, any products or services found or offered at these sites. You acknowledge that if you access linked third-party content, courses, or sites, you do so at your own risk.
CANCELLATION OF REGISTRATION AND REFUNDS
Cancellation must be made in writing Any cancellation requires notice in writing and sent to Study.Tour@utas.edu.au
For cancellation requests received by UTAS less than 10 Business Days prior to the start date for the Course, the administration fee will be retained by UTAS as a cancellation fee. The balance (Tuition Fee component) will be refunded.
Cancellations due to illness, supported by a medical certificate, will be refunded in full.
Cancellation requests received by UTAS more than 10 Business Days prior to the date for the Course will receive a full refund based on the Application details used for the initial payment.
Payment of any balance monies will be made within 35 Business Days of the date of the cancellation.
If you are unable to attend, substitute participants are welcome at any time (including on the start date the Course ). Please advise UTAS email to Study.Tour@utas.edu.au of the name and contact details of the substitute participant before the start of the Course.
No fee will be incurred for substituting another person.
No refund will be issued to the original participant or substitute participant.
If, in respect of a Registration, you or a substitute participant do not attend without notice, there will be no refund offered and full course fee will be retained by UTAS.
Cancellation or alteration of a Course
All scheduled activities and classes are subject to staff / presenter or provider availability. UTAS reserves the right to amend the timetable and to substitute sessions of comparable quality or cancel and alter a Course at its absolute discretion. In the unlikely event of a Course cancellation, all relevant Course fees will be refunded.
Allow up to 35 days for refund to be processed.
ASSESSMENT AND CERTIFICATION
Online Course participants will be required to undertake homework tasks and assignments which will be taken into consideration for final assessment.
Subject to satisfactory performance in a Course, you may be awarded a ‘Completion Certificate’, acknowledging your participation in the Course. You acknowledge and understand that a ‘Certificate’, if offered, does not stand in place of any subsequent course taken at UTAS and in no way conveys or is a substitute for academic credit in any accredited course offered by UTAS or other accredited institution.
By completing an online registration and paying all required Course fees, you as a Course participant acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to the Terms and Conditions for this online short course.