Things you need to know before you apply:
- You will be applying for a Writing, Reading, Listening (WRL) and Speaking exam. The application does not refer to the Speaking test, but it is included and will be held after 12.30pm on the same day as the WRL (unless otherwise advised).
- Please read the IELTS Cancellation and Transfer policy before you pay.
- You will only have 24 hours to apply and pay. After that time, your application will automatically be deleted. You will not receive any advice that your application has been deleted.
- You will need to know whether to take an Academic or a General Training test
- Do not use a Hotmail email address
- You will be required to scan the bio page of your passport and upload it when you apply online
- You will need to bring this original passport on test day
- You will need a credit card to make your payment.
- From 1 February 2020, the IELTS test fee will increase to $355. The new test fee will only apply to test bookings from 1 March 2020. Any test dates prior to 1 March will not be subject to the fee increase.
UK Visa applications
UK Visas and Immigration UKVI have a range of specific requirements for candidates wishing to use English language tests for UK visa applications. It is, therefore, essential that you let us know before you register for the test if you are intending to use your IELTS result for UK visa purposes.
Advertisements on a number of social media sites claim to provide services for IELTS test takers, such as registering for IELTS, collection of results and making arrangements for a re-mark of the test. We advise all potential IELTS test takers to avoid using such services that are not directly affiliated to IELTS. If you have any questions, please contact us.