The University of Tasmania will communicate with staff and students today that it is beginning a staged transition to online course learning and working from home as part of its ongoing response to COVID-19.
The University initiated a formal response to the emergence of the illness in January and has worked closely with Public Health, rigorously following national guidelines.
The safety and wellbeing of our students, staff and the wider community is our highest priority.
In a message to staff and students, today we are outlining important next steps in our risk-mitigation strategy and advice, including:
- A staged transition to delivering our teaching online where possible;
- The introduction of a split-teams model of staffing, with parts of our teams working from home on a two-week rotation;
- A case-by-case review of events where people gather – in line with new national guidelines – which may affect occasions such as graduations and Open Day;
- Public Health advice that our shared facilities on campus are safe to be continued to be used;
- Cessation of international travel and guidance that interstate travel should be undertaken only if strictly necessary.