The Library, and the University, use surveys to gather feedback on the services we provide. These surveys are your chance to formally tell us what you think of our resources, our services, how we communicate with you and what you think we could do better.
Library Client Survey 2021
The survey results allow us to identify areas to improve over the next 12 months. We looked at what you rated as important and where our performance was rated low - this tells us where you think we need to improve.
The survey also allows us to benchmark ourselves against 27 other Australian and New Zealand libraries. In 2021 we are in the bottom 25% of benchmark participants.
Thank you to all the respondents who completed the survey. This is what you told us.
How you rated us
Overall performance: 78.7out of 100, up from 78.3
Overall satisfaction: 5.49 out of 7, down from 5.54
Where we can improve
- Online resources (eg. ejournals, databases and ebooks)
- Library search functions
- Opening hours
- Learning and research support
- Quiet study space
Where we performed best
- Wireless access
- Use of Library information resources has helped students to be successful at university
- Printing, scanning and photocopying facilities in the library
- Remote access to Library resources and services
What are we going to do in response to the survey results?
This is what we will be doing for the 3 main areas that you told us needed improving.
Online resources – we are currently arranging the purchase of new resources to complement our existing offerings. There will be access to a wider range of ebooks, and new journals and databases. Keep an eye out for information about these in the Library News. If you have any suggestions for purchase please let us know via our Suggest a purchase form
Library search functions –your feedback has helped us to understand the issues you’re having with finding resources using the Library’s search facilities. We will be reviewing the system and hope to improve the search function.
Opening hours – we are looking at our opening hours across all our locations and there will be some changes for 2022. These will be communicated via our website, Library News and via the Student Portal later in the year.
What else did we learn?
These things are important to you
- Wireless access
- Online resources for your learning and research needs
- Quiet study spaces
- Library search facilities to help you find relevant resources quickly
- Access to Library resources and services off campus
The main reasons people use the Library are
- Quiet study - 72%
- Complete or write an assignment - 56%
- Find/borrow books and journals - 46%
- Collaborate/study with colleagues - 38%
- Get wifi access – 33%
What you think about ebooks
- The majority of people prefer an ebook over a print book at least sometimes
- Ebooks are convenient and easy to read on a mobile device
- Most people do not use the ebook features such as highlighting, notes, etc
For more information and to see the full report
For any queries or comments please contact Debra Wilson, Senior Librarian (Resources & Services)