The Library does not charge fines for overdue items, however a replacement charge of $130.00 will apply for books deemed lost or damaged. Full replacement costs will be charged for loss, theft or damage to a lendable laptop of $1500.00.
A tax invoice for the replacement cost of an item is e-mailed after the item is:
- 3 days overdue (Reserve 2 & 24 hour loan)
- 28 days overdue (Low demand item)
- 7 days after NEW due date (Recalled item)
On receipt of a tax invoice, you must pay your account within 30 days, but if an item is returned the replacement charges are removed from your account.
Once you have been issued with a Library Tax Invoice, you will no longer be able to borrow, and a sanction will be placed on your record which prevents viewing of results, transcripts, or graduation.
Clearing the total amount owing will remove these sanctions.
You can pay for lost items by:
- Online by using the ePayment Portal (under Library)
- Phoning UConnect during business hours on 1300 826 663
Once payment has been made, your library record and any related sanctions will be updated within one business day.
Having difficulty paying your invoice?
Please discuss your outstanding amount with us. In most cases, we can organise mutually acceptable payment arrangements.
- A short term deferment of the payment of charges owed
- Payment of charges by fortnightly instalments
These options allow you to continue borrowing while paying off your outstanding charges.
It is your responsibility to note the due date and return items on time. You are responsible for all items issued using your ID card, unless you advised us that you lost your ID card, prior to the date items were borrowed.
You have the right to know before entry that all University of Tasmania libraries may conduct bag checks, if there is a reasonable suspicion that the bags contain library material that has not been checked out and is the property of the University of Tasmania Library.
If you do not return material by the due date, you will be suspended from borrowing until the material has been returned. Any material damaged or considered lost will be invoiced for replacement of that material. Non-payment of any invoices may result your award being withheld in accordance with Ordinance 24: Student Participation and Attainment.
- All library notices are sent to your UTAS e-mail address. Library notices we e-mail you include reminder notices, overdue notices and tax invoices for lost items.
Please note: We cannot guarantee you will receive library notices if you have forwarded your university email.
We strongly recommend against forwarding university email to external addresses.
- If you are a Community Borrower, we e-mail library notices to the e-mail address you supply when joining us.
You will receive multiple overdue notices before a tax invoice is sent.
|Loan Type||Number of notices before Tax Invoice||Invoice for Library Item|
|Reserve||2||3 days overdue|
|Recalled Loan||3||7 days after new due date|
|Low Demand Loan||4||28 days overdue|
- Email us at AskUs
- Phone us:
- on 1300 304 903 and select option 4
- Calling from overseas +61 3 6226 2600 and select option 4