What is a recall?
Someone else may request an item that you have out on loan. If this happens you will receive a recall notice by email. The due date of the recalled item you have on loan may have been reduced.
What do I need to do?
- Check the recall notice as your due date for the item recalled may have been reduced
- Return the item by the due date on the recall notice
- You will have 7 days to return a recalled item from the date the recall was placed unless the original due date is earlier
- Consider recalls if you have items on loan and you plan to be away for any length of time
- Remember $1 per day is charged for overdue recalled items
I still want to use the item that has been recalled?
Return the item to the library and then place a request for the item
Why do we have recalls?
Recalls help to provide all clients with fair access to resources. Loan periods for low demand (General) items are generous and will be automatically adjusted according to user demand via the recall system. This means that if others require an item you have on loan, your loan and all subsequent loan periods will be reduced to 7 days until all requests are satisfied.