Delays may occur in book delivery due to various partner location Christmas closures between 18 Dec 2020 - 13 Jan 2021, please be patient during this time.
From 18 Jan 2021 the total number of BONUS+ loan renewals will revert to twice (2) after renewal extensions were increased during COVID-19
BONUS+ is a free borrowing service for students and staff, giving access to over 7 million books from participating university libraries within Australia and New Zealand. If a book in our Library is unavailable, or we don't own a particular title, simply click on the BONUS+ link in the library catalogue to see if it is available to borrow via BONUS+.
- All University of Tasmania staff and students can use this free service
If you can't locate an available book using the library catalogue, click on the or icon. This will take you to the BONUS+ catalogue.
- If you find the book you want, click on the REQUEST THIS ITEM
- Choose your institution: Uni of Tasmania
- Enter name, your student/staff number and your Library PIN
- Select your pickup location
|Library membership||Number of active requests*||Loan period||Number of renewals|
|Undergraduates||5||21 days||2 (21 days each)|
|Postgraduate||10||21 days||2 (21 days each)|
|Staff||10||21 days||2 (21 days each)|
* A request is active from the time the request is placed until the book is received back at the lending BONUS+ library.
There is no annual limit to BONUS+ requests.
- The loan period is 21 days
- Two renewals are permitted if no one else has requested the book
- Items must be returned to your home library by the due date
- Books that are returned late will incur a fine
- A non-refundable charge of AU$125/NZ$160 will be imposed for lost and billed BONUS+ books (includes a processing fee for some libraries). If returned only the library fine will be payable. Replacement books are not accepted. The charge may also apply for damaged books at the discretion of the owning library
- Usually within 15 working days (20 working days if arriving from New Zealand) although distance students may need to take into consideration their unique circumstance
- You will receive an email when it is ready for pickup. Books can be picked up from the holds shelf in the pickup location chosen at time of request. Flexible Library student's items will be posted to the address provided on your student record
- Books must be collected within 5 days
- Pick up times are strictly controlled by the BONUS+ service and cannot be extended, so if you cannot collect your book on time please cancel your request and re-request it at a more suitable time. If you do not collect the book within 5 days it will be sent back to the lending institution
- BONUS+ loans can be returned at any UTAS library in person
- If your BONUS+ loan was sent to you as a Flexible user, return using the supplied eParcel Return Address label you received with the item
- Logging into your MyLibrary allows you to renew, cancel and check the status of your requests
- Your BONUS+ book can't be recalled but it may be requested by another borrower. You will then be unable to renew it and you must return it by the due date
- This means that all copies in BONUS+ are on loan and not due back within 14 days or there are two or more requests on all copies
- A BONUS+ loan will stay on your record until it has been returned to the library from which it originally came
- You may have reached your maximum number of active requests. A request is active from the time the request is placed until the book is received back at the lending BONUS+ library, so you may need to wait a few days until your books are received back at the lending libraries before you can place more requests
- A non-refundable charge of AU$125/NZ$160 will be imposed for lost and billed BONUS+ books (includes a processing fee for some libraries)
- Replacement books are not accepted
- The charge may also apply for damaged books at the discretion of the owning library
- Please contact your home library
- No, BONUS+ is a service which runs alongside and complements Document Delivery