We welcome you and are very pleased to help you with your study and research.
What you can do if you feel a little bit lost
- Visit any of our Libraries where we can help you or direct you to a librarian for specialised assistance
- Use the Library's Web pages, which have information about our services including opening hours, and about our resources including databases, electronic journals and past examination papers
- Have a look at Glossary: Library words explained - this has been translated into Arabic, Chinese, Indonesian, Japanese, Korean, Malay & Thai
- Contact us via AskUs & Your Feedback
Collections that may help you
Preparing for IELTS?
Then Road to IELTS can help you! With over 120 hours of interactive learning materials, this fully online resource provides preparation and practice for the reading, writing, listening and speaking modules of the academic IELTS exam.
Writing your assignment
The Library has a large collection of English - other language dictionaries that you can borrow plus books to help you write your essay. The Referencing and Assignment writing guide will help you.
Newspapers and serials
You have access to a range of local, national and international newspapers.
Language and Translation Tools
- Babel Fish Translator
- Google Language Tool
- Dictionary.com Translator
- WorldLingo Translator
- Internet Public Library Non-English dictionaries
Library Pocket Guide
Glossary: Library words explained
- Arabic (PDF 178KB)
- Chinese (PDF 404KB)
- Indonesian (PDF 420KB)
- Japanese (PDF 438KB)
- Korean (PDF 445KB)
- Malay (PDF 264KB)
- Thai (PDF 401KB)
Translations of this glossary have been made possible through SSAF funding
Other useful information
- Libraries Tasmania - Offers a public library service through city and branch libraries within Tasmania, with extensive reference and lending collections.
- Interesting things for English as a Second Language (ESL) students.
You can find more information on the International Students pages.
Please remember: we are here to help you and we will be very happy to answer your questions.