The MyMedia Service
Lecture recording and delivery services are available at UTAS through the MyMedia Service. Recordings typically consist of display content and audio, and can contain dual display or video content. Recordings are provided in both streaming and download formats to cater for all user connections, and we are able to produce live webcasts from full capture venues upon request.
The MyMedia Service currently utilises one system to provide lecture recordings produced by Echo360:
- Active Learning Platform (ALP) - this is the recording platform, hosted in Sydney.
UTAS specific help pages can be found here: www.utas.edu.au/mylo/staff/staff-resources
The Content Management System within Echo360. To find out more read this blog post: blogs.utas.edu.au/mylo/2018/12/20/echo360-cms-enhancements
How to request a unit space or recording schedule
Unit spaces in Echo360 for teaching use can be requested from within MyLO Manager when ordering your MyLO unit, or after the unit has been created by using the Maintain option in MyLO Manager. Spaces can be created in Echo360 with or without scheduled recording. To use scheduled recording you must first be booked into an enabled venue that supports full recording capabilities.
Staff details and privacy
For more information, we encourage you to visit www.utas.edu.au/privacy
Recording options at UTAS:
- Full functionality capture venues - suitable for users who wish to record any combination of visual feeds (ie: laptop, house PC, document camera or video camera, depending on room capability) and audio from the venue audio system. These recordings can also be enabled for live webcasting.
- House PC capture in an enabled venue using "Classroom Capture" software - suitable for users booked into smaller rooms. The software capture only records the screen of the supplied house PC and audio from the venue microphone (usually a desktop "boundary" microphone in these smaller spaces).
- Your own computer using Echo360 Universal Capture - Personal software - installed on staff computers suitable for ad hoc and in-office recordings. Mic and optional web cam required.
- Media import - the system provides functionality to upload your own video and audio files in common formats created in other programs, and deliver them in the standard UTAS format and environment.
Staff Students Login to MyMedia Active Learning Platform Access Recordings Available Venues Support Documentation for ALP Timetable View (SWS) Book in MyLO Manager (preferred method) Book in MyMedia Booking form Copyright Support Documentation