This page provides information relating to the Unit Builder tool in MyLO (D2L BrightSpace). For information on the Course and Unit Builder (CUB) app, please visit this site - cub.edu.au
This resource outlines how to add/link content to existing placeholders in Unit Builder.
A placeholder is a visual identifier that enables you to plan your unit and add the content referred to in each of the placeholders as it becomes ready.
Accessing Unit Builder
- From your Unit homepage: Click Unit Builder from the navigation bar under Admin & Help
- You can also get to the Unit Builder via Content/ Table of Contents/ Related Tools
Unit Builder page
- Click the + icon on a module to reveal it's contents.
- All the placeholders for that module will be shown. You can tell they are placeholders as they have a dotted border around them.
Adding content to a placeholder with Drag and Drop
- Click on an object in the Add Content to create content directly within the Unit builder area.
- A pop-up box will appear requesting information about the object you have chosen.
- The information required varies depending on the object type you chose.
- To drag and drop existing content use the Browse Tools option to scroll to specific content and drag it onto a placeholder
- Placeholders restrict the type of content that can be dragged onto them. For example, you can only drag a Discussion onto the Discussion placeholder.
Adding content to a File placeholder
In addition to the Drag and Drop method (above) you can also upload files from your computer into a File placeholder
- Click on the File placeholder
- From the menu to the right click on Add File
- A pop-up box will appear
- Select My Computer
- Either drag and drop a file from your computer or click the Upload button to find one.
- Click Add
Any placeholders you have converted into content will now be show with a darker background and without a dotted border.
- Click Content to close the Unit Builder