How to Use the D2L Templates
The D2L Templates are available to all units in MyLO. To use these templates you will need to use MyLO Mate, which is available to all staff teaching roles within MyLO. It will appear in the Navbar of MyLO:
Pressing on Show all Config allows you to set your preferences for MyLO Mate. Further information on MyLO Mate is here.
Create a New Templated Page
- In the Content tool, browse to the module the new page is to be created in, then select Upload / Create > Create a Web Page.
- Select the new Use D2L Basic Template button, or another template from the Select a Document Template list.
- Editable regions are indicated by dotted lines. Click in these areas and select components from the new D2L Templates Sidebar (hover for preview).
- Icon callout panels are inserted with a default icon. Click on the icon to get a selection of recommended icons.
- You can optionally include a banner image at the top of your new page. Select Show banner to display the default template banner, and select Choose banner to replace it with your own. Be sure to check the licensing for the image if it is not your own. Recommended image size is 1200 px by 300px. Tick the option to use the same banner for all your pages.
How to Migrate a Page from ICB to D2L
When editing an existing ICB web page, you will see the Change to D2L Template button above the page content.
The page content will automatically be migrated across to the D2L Templating system, and you will see the message below.
It is important to review the converted content carefully, as there are some components that may need layout or icon adjustment.
First Time Conversion
The first time you convert a page in a unit, you may see the message below:
Select OK to change the default template to D2L Templates for your unit. This changes which templates appear next to the page title in the ‘Select a Document Template’ drop-down.
There are certain ICB objects that are not compatible with the new D2L Templating system, for example, the interactive (grouping and sorting) objects. If your ICB page contains any of these objects, you will receive a warning like the below: