What features does Echo360 have?
- Automated recording and upload from a schedule in lecture theatres, including live webcasting
- Ad hoc user initiated recording in lecture theatres
- Universal Capture - Classroom software in small classrooms
- Universal Capture - Personal software for Windows and Mac
- LiveStream using Universal Capture - Personal
- Media upload
- Online video editor
- Seamless linking in MyLO
- Streaming and download options
- Faster and higher quality video processing - videos are available much faster.
- Videos are now better quality and also smaller, utilising less bandwidth.
- Cloud based storage means UTAS now has unlimited storage space for media..
- Video editing is available up to 6 months after the initial material is created.
- HTML5 based user interface, which fully supports mobile devices.
In-class presentation tools and engagement analytics
- In class presentation tools, so lecturers can upload PPTX or PDF files to the cloud, and insert questions and tasks into the presentation.
- When ALP is used to present students can type questions, flag content as confusing, write their own notes and make bookmarks.
- Comprehensive student engagement analytics with customisable criteria for each unit.
- Ability to insert interactive activities such as quizzes and polls into a presentation.
More ways to create media
In addition to the existing suite of lecture recording devices, desktop and classroom capture software, and file upload:
- Android and iOS apps for video upload.
- Upload video from various cloud storage locations (Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, Box)
- Ability for lecturers to store their presentation PPTX or PDF file with the recording, including a Powerpoint plug in to directly upload PPTX files.
- Staff have a library, where they can view, edit, store, and share content from.
More options for students
- New HTML5 playback environment works on almost any device.
- Student's notes and video bookmarks are compiled into a central "study guide".
- Students can search across a whole unit's worth of recordings for text that appears in the video or slides.
- Students also have their own media library.