There are three main methods for marking assignment submissions to MyLo.
- The built-in MyLo Evaluate Submission process.
- TurnItIn Feedback Studio
- Downloading submissions and marking with 3rd party software.
Assignment Folders page
- Select Assignments from the Assessments menu.
- Select the assignment you wish to assess.
- Hint: assignments that have TurnItIn enabled have a small symbol after their name.
To view your Assignment folder Submission options scroll to the bottom of the Properties tab.
- Make sure you are in the Users tab.
- Choose whether you wish to view by user or by groups.
- If you are a tutor, view by groups, and select the group you are responsible for. Make sure you click on the Apply button after selecting your group.
Listing All Students
Sometimes you may need to list all students regardless of whether they have submitted or not. For example some students may have handed you their work or emailed it. You still need to be able to provide feedback and score these students.
- Pull down the Submissions options and select Show Everyone
- Click on the Magnifying Glass icon beside the Search For field.
The list of submitted assignments will show as seen in the image below.
- Name of the file uploaded by the student.
- The Originality Report ( similarity Score) returned by Turnitin
- If you add a score within Turnitin this is added here.
- Pressing on the pencil icon will take you to Feedback Studio to begin marking - you can also access Turnitin by pressing on the Similarity report.
- Refresh Turnitin and Grademark information if needed
Click on either the student's name or Evaluate for the student you wish to mark.
Evaluate Submissions page
This page shows all the submissions this student has made for this assignment.
- Click on the assignment you wish to evaluate.
- Even if the student has made no submissions (they emailed you their assignment for example) you can still fill in an evaluation.
- Read through the assignment.
- Use the annotation tools within the system to markup the document ( these need to be turned on within the assignment).
- Click on the rubric name in the Evaluation area
- If there is no Rubric associated with the assignment folder this won't appear
- Mark the work according to the criteria by hovering over each criteria. This will show the score and information. Select the criteria you wish form the slider view by pressing on it.
- To open the Rubric in a new window press on the Open icon at the right hand side of the screen.
- Enter a Score
- If you marked this assignment via a Rubric this score will already be filled in - unless it is a text only rubric..
- If there is no Grade Item or "out of" associated with the assignment folder this won't appear.
- Click in the Feedback box and enter your general feedback
- Your feedback can include links to content or other activities within the MyLO Unit.
- You can also make a short audio or video recording of your feedback, or attach a feedback file.
- Select your Outcomes
- Outcomes may be automatically graded if attached to a rubric, but you can select these manually to show that a student has achieved a learning outcome associated with the unit.
- Save your work
- Click Save Draft to save but not release to student
- Click Publish to release to student. It is recommended that feedback is published all at once which can be done from the submission view page.( See below Releasing Results)
To access Turnitin press on the Originality Report Score:
To access the Student ID, or other student information, hover over the student name within the evaluation area.
This will open up the Student Profile card which contains the student ID, if the user is online, a link to User progress and the ability to email the user directly.
To finish marking click Back to Submissions. To continue marking, click Next Student at the bottom of the page or the next User at the top of your screen.
A video of the assignment evaluation experience is here:
To instantly release your feedback to a student click Publish on the student's Evaluate Submissions page. To release all your students grades at once:
To hold back releasing individual results and do it for the whole class at the same time:
- For each student click Save Draft on the student's Evaluate Submissions page
- When you are ready to release all the results:
- Go to the Submissions page
- Select all the students
- Click Publish Feedback. You will get a confirmation message as below. GradeMark will be visible to students immediately ( whether a score has been added within Turnitin or not).
Note: If you publish feedback for one student this will release the GradeMark feedback for all students. If you do not wish your students to view this feedback un-tick the option to allow students to view their originality reports beforehand. More information is here
Note: It is important that you select Publish Feedback to publish scores and feedback within GradeMark® to the selected students. If you Publish Feedback elsewhere the students will not be able to view the GradeMark comments.