Discover Course Catalog allows users to self-enrol in non-award units such as the Safety and Wellbeing Induction unit and Turnitin & Academic Integrity.
Information is available here regarding how to access Discover Course Catalog and self-enrol in units.
To request that a unit appears in the Discover Course Catalog you will need to follow this process:
- Create your non-award unit in MyLO via MyLO Manager
- When creating your non-award unit in MyLO Manager choose one of the enrolment types which apply to Discover Course Catalog:
- If the unit is only going to be available for self-enrolment in Discover Course Catalog choose Enrol by Discover Course Catalog Only. MyLO Manager will create the unit only and the Student Cohorts tab and Additional students tabs will not be available. All staff and students wishing to complete the unit will need to self-enrol via Discover Course Catalog
- If the unit is going to be available for self-enrolment in Discover Course Catalog and you wish to add cohorts that will be updated by MyLO Manager choose Hybrid. MyLO Manager will create the unit and enrol/update the cohorts you have added via the Student Cohorts tab. MyLO Manager will ignore students or staff that have self-enrolled via Discover Course Catalog and they will remain in the unit even if they no longer belong to one of the cohorts you have chosen in MyLO Manager
- Edit and update the content in your unit in MyLO
- Complete the Discover Course Catalog Form available in the Service Portal to request that your unit be added to Discover Course Catalog
- Once approved the form will be actioned by Applications Services, and you will receive confirmation the unit has been added to Discover Course Catalog. The status of your request can be viewed in the Service Portal at any time
MyCert Information can be found here: MyLO integrations
Reminder: If you directly link to a unit from within the Discover Course Catalog, you will have to update this URL within your webpages/ documentation each year to point to the new unit.