Building new experiences
The Inveresk Precinct will create opportunities for people to connect through a variety of learning options and environments, encouraging activity-based learning and ongoing interaction between people and places.
Developing regionally distinctive courses and research
In addition to existing courses being transferred to Inveresk (with the exception of AMC), new courses are being developed, focused around our regional strengths in the North:
The Launceston Institute for Applied Science and Design (LIASD) will support regional innovation through demand-driven research in response to industry needs. It will be housed at the Willis St building which will be the gateway from the Inveresk Precinct to the Launceston CBD. Prior to building completion, the Institute will operate with co-location partners in the newly developed CBD innovation hub.
Providing flexible and accessible learning options
Students of today need flexible delivery options to fit study around work, family and life commitments. They also want to learn differently. The new campus at Inveresk will offer:
- Short courses and intensive programs
- A blend of online and face-to-face learning
- More peer-to-peer, immersive and experiential learning
- More spaces for interactive learning rather than lecture theatres
- Plenty of informal study space plus quiet, private study areas
- An ability to operate extended hours and year round
- Creative spaces which include tools, software and experts to build, learn and share using digital platforms and immersive technologies
- Hands-on learning through simulations and prototyping
- Ease of access for industry and community