The University of Tasmania’s Inveresk campus will be part of a vibrant, city-connected precinct with dense activity concentrated along a central 'spine'. Inveresk is a mixed-use precinct with unique historical, cultural, educational and sporting features to enjoy.
Design principles identified through community feedback:
- A walkable precinct with an activated spine, well connected across the river
- Tasmanian Aboriginal presence embedded
- Accessible and inclusive
- Consideration of old and new, inhabiting an industrial landscape
- Distinctive frontages with energised landscapes to work, study, play or live
- Gateway to the city
- Vibrant student village atmosphere
An Urban Design Framework (“UDF”) has been developed to define the vision for the future of the campus, how it links people and activities within a shared precinct and through to the city.