Virtual Open Day Competition: Terms and Conditions
The University of Tasmania Open Day Registration.
Competition for 2 x Mac Book Air.
Entries Open: Wednesday 1st July – 10am Melbourne
Entries Close: Sunday 30th August 5pm Melbourne
|3) Eligible entries|
Entrants must register attendance to at least one of the days of the University of Tasmania’s Virtual Open Day 2020. Registrations will be only accepted via the Open Day landing page on the University of Tasmania’s webiste: utas.edu.au/openday
Entrants must be at least 16 years old.
Entrants may enter multiple times; however, each individual entrant is only eligible to win 1 prize each.
When you complete the Entry method, you will be allocated 1 entry.
Staff of the University of Tasmania & their immediate family may not enter the Competition, however where an entrant is also a student (eg a researcher or PhD student), they may enter the Competition. “Immediate family” means mum, dad, brother, sister, step-parent, or step-sibling.
|4) Entry method|
Submit your Entry online at
Scroll down to the Registration form and complete all the mandatory fields and click “Register”.
1 x Apple MacBook Air 13-inch 128GB for people registered to attend to Open Day on the 25th August (Tuesday) – only year 11 and 12 students.
1 x Apple MacBook Air 13-inch 128GB for people registered to attend to Open Day between the 28th -30th August (Friday – Sunday).
Total Prize Pool value: AU $ 2998
|6) How to win|
Game of chance:
The draw will take place at University of Tasmania on 2nd September at 2pm. The first valid entry drawn will be the winner of the First prize specified above. The second valid entry drawn will be the winner of the Second prize specified above.
The draw conductor may draw additional reserve entries in case an invalid entry or entrant is drawn, or if a Prize winner does not claim their Prize or is uncontactable. The Promoter will ensure each draw is open for public scrutiny & anyone may witness the draw on request. The winner of a drawn prize is determined by chance.
|7) Winner notification & Prize collection|
Winners will be contacted by direct message via their email within 14 days of drawing.
Winners will also be published via our utas.edu.au/openday
for a period of 28 days after being announced.
Winners must collect their prize by attending the University of Tasmania campus.
- This Competition
- This promotion (Competition) is run by the University of Tasmania (ABN 30 764 374 782) (the Promoter / the University of Tasmania / we / us / our) on these terms, including the Details above (Terms). By entering the Competition, entrants (you / your) agree to these Terms. Entries can be submitted between Entries Open & Entries Close.
- We may refuse to allow a winner to take part in any part of a Prize if we determine in our discretion that a winner is not in the physical or mental condition necessary to be able to safely participate in or accept the Prize. It is a condition of accepting the Prize that a winner may be required to sign a legal release as determined by us in our discretion prior to receiving the Prize. Prizes are not transferrable.
- If any winner does not take or claim a Prize in the time specified by us at the time of notification, they forfeit the Prize & we are not obliged to substitute the Prize. If any part of a Prize is unavailable we may make a substitution of equal or greater value. No part of a Prize is exchangeable or redeemable for cash or any other prize by a winner. Any ancillary costs associated with redeeming or taking the Prize are not included. Any unused component or part of a Prize will not be awarded as cash.
- If there is a dispute about the conduct of the Competition (including the identity of a winner) the decision of the University of Tasmania is final & binding on each entrant & no correspondence will be entered into.
- If a Prize is provided by a third party (eg an event, travel, a voucher), it is subject to the terms & conditions of the third party, which prevail over these Terms to the extent of any inconsistency. We accept no responsibility or liability for any delay or failure by the third party to deliver the Prize, or otherwise concerning the Prize itself.
- By entering this Competition, you consent to us using & publishing (and authorising others to use & publish) each winner’s name, character, likeness, image, voice or anything else that identifies them for the purposes of marketing or promoting the University of Tasmania, including for future similar competitions.
- Intellectual Property (or IP) includes all unregistered rights in respect of copyright, designs, circuit layouts, trademarks, trade secrets, know-how, moral rights, confidential information, patents, inventions, discoveries & domain names. All rights, title & interests in & to the Intellectual Property in your Entry is assigned to the University of Tasmania when you submit your Entry into the Competition. This is the case even if you don’t receive a Prize.
- You promise your Entry is based on your original ideas & that you have not copied anything from any third party. Your Entry must not be based on, or substantially reproduce: any other entry or idea which you have previously submitted in another competition, promotion, tender process, request for funding, application, assignment, exam or other assessment process for any educational institution; or anything which you have developed in the course of your employment. Your Entry must not infringe any third-party IP rights, or contain confidential information which you do not have the right to include. We may communicate, publish, display & perform any part of your Entry (including IP) in any media, for any of our purposes.
- If your Entry depicts another person, you need to have their permission before you submit the Entry, & you confirm they agree to have the Entry dealt with in accordance with these Terms, including the section on Privacy above. You (and anyone appearing in your Entry) consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe any moral rights.
- If the Competition involves the publication of Entries a website, we accept no responsibility or liability where an entrant’s photos, images or other Entry are downloaded from the website by any persons, & for any matters after such download. We may, in our absolute discretion, edit, modify, delete, remove or take down any part of an Entry, or decline to publish any entry or portion of an entry for any reason whatsoever. We will not be liable for any Entries, to the extent permitted by law.
- Acceptable behaviour
- All University of Tasmania policies as well as those otherwise published on our websites apply to your conduct during the Competition, including your activities on relevant social media. Depending on its nature, if you engage in behaviour which is not acceptable, we may give you a warning, or disqualify you. If the behaviour is captured by another university policy, you may also be dealt with under that policy.
- We don’t tolerate behaviour which is: hurtful, offensive, discriminatory, obscene, derogatory, sexually explicit or pornographic, defamatory, bullying, trolling, illegal or violent. This includes harassment of any kind, displaying sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, photographing or audio/video recording without reasonable consent, sustained disruption of talks or other activities, inappropriate physical contact, & unwelcome sexual attention.
- You must not use the Competition to publish or send malicious content (eg phishing, viruses) or spam (unsolicited commercial electronic communications). You may not use any sites related to the Competition for any unlawful purposes, fraud, or to conduct or promote illegal activities. Your Entry must not contain inappropriate, offensive or malicious material or code.
- Liability & warranties
- To the extent permitted by law, the Competition & associated services are provided on an “as is” basis, without any warranties, express or implied. Neither we nor our Affiliates make any representation about the completeness, security, reliability, quality, or availability of the Competition. To the extent permitted by law, neither us nor our Affiliates will be liable for damages of any kind (including under contract, tort or negligence), arising out of or in connection with the Competition or Prizes, including any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages (including personal injury, emotional distress, loss of revenue or profits, loss of use or goodwill, loss of data), even if such loss was foreseeable (loss). You enter the Competition, accept or participate in any Prizes, & engage with us, our Affiliates, & other participants & attendees, at your own risk.
- It is a condition of accepting a Prize that a Winner may be required to sign a legal release as determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion prior to receiving a Prize.
- Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the University of Tasmania (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the promotion.
- If the Competition is conducted or promoted via a social media site or third-party media channel, you acknowledge that the competition is not sponsored or endorsed or administered by that site or channel. You release the site or channel from all liability arising in respect of the Competition, to the extent permitted by law.
- If you don’t comply with these Terms, you may be disqualified. We reserve the right to add, withdraw, reschedule, vary or substitute Prizes.
- We may cancel, stop, postpone or suspend the Competition at any time if an unforeseen incident occurs, which affects, or has the potential to affect, the safety, integrity or fairness of the Competition, or if the Competition is otherwise not able to be run as planned (including computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, or other technical failure or withdrawal by a Sponsor). If the Competition is cancelled, suspended or stopped partway through, we may, but are not obliged to, require the judges to select a winning Entry from those submitted at or before the Competition is to be stopped. We reserve the right to change these Terms, or otherwise modify the Competition, at any time without prior notice in our sole discretion.
- These Terms are governed by the laws of Tasmania. If any of these Terms are or become invalid, at our option, the relevant part is severed, & doesn’t affect the validity of the remaining parts. Neither of us, nor you, is (nor can you represent yourself to be) an employee, partner, agent or other representative of the other. A waiver must be in writing & signed. We don’t waive a right if we fail to or delay exercising it. References to time are to the time in Hobart, Tasmania in Australia. References to the singular include the plural & vice versa.
- We accept no responsibility for any tax implications & you must seek your own independent financial advice about the tax implications relating to the Prize or acceptance of the Prize.
- We reserve the right to validate & check the authenticity of Entries & your details (including an identity & age). If you cannot provide suitable proof to validate your Entry, you will forfeit the Prize in whole. We’re not responsible for unsuitable, lost, deleted, late or misdirected entries. We’re not responsible for technical difficulties with the entry mechanism & we can’t guarantee that the entry mechanism will be available at all times.
- Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt by the Promoter & not at the time of transmission or deposit by the entrant. Records of the Promoter & its agencies are final & conclusive as to the time of receipt. Once submitted, entries cannot be altered or deleted. Incomplete or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
- We may disqualify any Entrant who tampers with any Entry (or Competition process), or who submits an entry which is not in accordance with these Terms or who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these Terms, or has engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair & proper conduct of the Competition.