13 August 2021
$28,854pa for 3.5 years
About the research project
This ARC funded project seeks to develop robust and field-deployable analytical platforms for networked and large-scale inorganic nutrient monitoring across water catchment areas and agricultural water systems, and provide land users, agribusinesses and environmental agencies a technical solution to the long-standing problem of nutrient monitoring across anthropogenically impacted water systems. The project brings together two of Australian's leading analytical science research centres, with specialisations in instrumental development, sensor and detection technology, telemetry, and data analytics, with an international technology provider and platform developer, with a specialisation in environmental monitoring.
Analytical instrumental development, focussing upon chromatographic and detection technology to further enable portable analytical platform for full nutrient monitoring capability. Suit candidates with high level of technical skills in instrumental analysis and interests in instrumental and method development.
The successful applicant will receive a scholarship which provides:
- a living allowance stipend of $28,854 per annum (2022 rate, indexed annually) for 3.5 years; and
- a tuition fees offset covering the cost of tuition fees for up to four years (domestic applicants only)
International applicants will receive a University of Tasmania Fees Offset for up to four years.
Applicants should review the Higher Degree by Research minimum entry requirements
Applicants from the following disciplines are encouraged to apply:
- Chemical Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- Instrumental Development/Technology
The project is competitively assessed and awarded. Selection is based on academic merit and suitability to the project as determined by the College.
There is a three-step application process:
- Select your project, and check you meet the eligibility and selection criteria;
- Contact the Primary Supervisor, Prof Brett Paull, to discuss your suitability and the projects requirements; and
- Click here to submit an application by the closing date listed above.
- Copy and paste the title of the project from this advertisement into your application. If you don’t correctly do this your application may be rejected.
- As part of your application you will be required to submit a covering letter, a CV including 2 x referees and your project research proposal.
Following the application closing date applications will be assessed within the College. Applicants should expect to receive notification of the outcome by email.