A Higher Degree by Research at the University of Tasmania will place you in a unique research environment. We aim to ensure that you not only make an impact in your chosen field, but also develop the skills you need for the career you want at the end of your degree.
One of the ways the University can facilitate this outcome is to have a clear Governance Framework that provides useful guidance to candidates, supervisors, Graduate Research Coordinators (GRC) and all staff involved with research at the university. It is a condition of enrolment that candidates abide by these Ordinances, Policies and Procedures.
Commencement of Candidature
Research Training Governance Instruments:
- Research Training Ordinance (PDF 335.8 KB)
- Research Training Policy
- Research Policy
- Behaviour Policy
- Health & Safety Policy
- HDR Admissions, Selection & Enrolment procedure (PDF 322.9 KB)
- HDR Research Training Program & Other Scholarships procedure (PDF 324.9 KB)
- HDR Supervision & Academic Support procedure (PDF 329.0 KB)
- HDR Candidature Management & Enrolment Variation procedure (PDF 292.5 KB)
- HDR Academic Progress procedure (PDF 518.6 KB)
- HDR Examinations procedure (PDF 713.7 KB)
- Guidelines for Incorporating Publications into a Thesis (PDF 253.1 KB)
- HDR Thesis Presentation & Formatting Guideline (PDF 613.8 KB)
- HDR Responsibilities Guideline (Under Review) (PDF 619.6 KB)
Other UTAS Ordinances, Policies and Procedures can be found.