A Higher Degree by Research at the University of Tasmania will place you in a unique research environment. We aim to ensure that you not only make an impact in your chosen field, but also develop the skills you need for the career you want at the end of your degree.
One of the ways the University can facilitate this outcome is to have a clear Governance Framework that provides useful guidance to candidates, supervisors, Graduate Research Coordinators (GRC) and all staff involved with research at the university. It is a condition of enrolment that candidates abide by these Ordinances, Policies and Procedures.
Commencement of Candidature
Research Training Governance Instruments:
- Research Training Ordinance
- Research Training Policy
- Research Policy
- Behaviour Policy
- Health & Safety Policy
- HDR Admissions, Selection & Enrolment procedure
- HDR Research Training Program & Other Scholarships procedure
- HDR Supervision & Academic Support procedure
- HDR Candidature Management & Enrolment Variation procedure
- HDR Academic Progress procedure
- HDR Examinations procedure
- Guidelines for Incorporating Publications into a Thesis
- HDR Thesis Presentation & Formatting Guideline
- HDR Responsibilities Guideline (Under Review)
Other UTAS Ordinances, Policies and Procedures can be found here.