The University recognises three types of merit-based and competitive arrangements to support higher degree by research candidates that are included within the definition of ‘scholarship’:
- in keeping with the Commonwealth Scholarship Guidelines (Research) 2017, a base stipend provided for a fixed period during a candidate’s enrolment in an HDR that is equal to or greater than the minimum RTP stipend rate (indexed annually) and less than the maximum RTP stipend rate as set by the Australian Government,
- RTP Fees Offset or International Tuition Fee Scholarship, and
- a specific allocation to ‘top up’ a base stipend.
Two other allowances related to the ancillary costs of an HDR may be awarded at the University’s discretion:
- relocation allowance and/or
- other research project-related expenses.