Relationship to Policy
University of Tasmania policy should be consistent with, and complementary to, University of Tasmania plans.
Council Approved Plans
Council Approved Plans are high level documents which establish the strategic directions for the future development of the University. Council Approved Plans are applicable across the University.
Council Approved Plans include the following:
- Social Inclusion Plan 2013-2015 (PDF 286KB)
- Strategic Plan for Learning and Teaching 2012-2015 (PDF 428KB)
- Strategic Research Plan 2014-2018 (PDF 2757KB)
Council Approved Plans are supported by a suite of subordinate plans including:
- Student Experience Strategy 2016-2020 (PDF 314KB)
- Retention and Success Strategy 2015-2017 (PDF 334KB)
- Strategic Plan for Aboriginal Engagement (PDF 1.5MB)
Monitoring and Evaluation
Plans are monitored and evaluated utilising information drawn from a variety of sources including:
- Staff statistics
- Student statistics
- Annual Reports
- Reports on performance against institutional goals
- Data and reports arising from data collection, benchmarking and/or performance management initiatives and
- Australian quality agency reports.
The Business Intelligence Unit has responsibility for developing and supporting the University's Enterprise Data Warehouse which brings together many data sources in a single, consolidated and fully-conformed online reporting environment.
This data may also be utilised to evaluate policy content and implementation to determine the congruence between University of Tasmania plans and policy.