- Maintain and assist with all facets of analogue photography, Assist students with camera skills, lighting, dark room printing.
- Maintain digital darkroom.
- Assist students with digital camera operation or scanning of film and workflow (Photoshop to final print).
- Manage and run the digital print facility.
BFA, BFA (Hons), Master of Fine Art (coursework) Photography, Diploma of Graphic Design and Multimedia.
Working within the photographic process Dixon employs the use of transparent objects, both old and new, to explore representation as apparitional trace. This is achieved by a process of printing that he has termed 'objectographs'.
Fields of Research
- Fine arts (360602)
- Visual cultures (360104)
- The creative arts (130103)
Major Creative Work(1 outputs)
|2011||Dixon GA, 'Unknown Deceased 1-5 in an archival impulse', Plimsoll Gallery, Hobart, pp. 5 (2011) [Published Creative Work]|
Other Creative Work(1 outputs)
|2005||Dixon GA, 'Convict Badge #1, Paper Clipping', Plimsoll Gallery, University of Tasmania, Hobart, pp. 2 (2005) [Representation of Original Art]|