- I developed the (internationally recognised) scientific diver-training course, which IMAS run through the national occupational diver certification body - the Australian Diver Accreditation Scheme (ADAS), and have assisted several other Australian universities in their efforts to teach to this standard.
- Recipient of 2002 University of Tasmania Vice-Chancellor's Award for Exceptional Performance by General Staff
- I have played underwater hockey in the Australian Men's and Masters teams for many years, with the highlight being a gold medal at the World Championships in the Men's team in 2000.
My primary roles are to ensure the safety of all diving activities conducted through the University, and to assist in ensuring that all IMAS personnel involved in boating and diving operations are adequately trained to allow safe participation on these activities.
I have been involved for many years in formulating national diving standards for occupational diving in Australia.
Research and Projects
I work across all diving projects within IMAS in particular, as well as the wider University
Nash W.J., J. Sanderson, S. Talbot, J. Bridley, S. Dickson and B. Hislop (1993.)
Post-larval recruitment of blacklip abalone (Haliotis rubra) on artificial collectors in southern Tasmania. Australian Journal of Marine and Freshwater Research.
Prince J.D., T. Sellers, W. Ford and S. Talbot (1988b) Confirmation of a relationship between the localised abundance of breeding stock and recruitment for Haliotis rubra Leach (Mollusca: Gastropoda). Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology 122: 91-104.
Prince J.D., T. Sellers, W. Ford and S. Talbot (1988) A Method for Ageing the Abalone Haliotis rubra (Mollusca: Gastropoda). Australian Journal of Marine and Freshwater Research 39: 167-175.Prince J.D., T. Sellers, W. Ford andS. Talbot
(1987) Experimental evidence for limited dispersal of Haliotid larvae (genus Haliotis; Mollusca: Gastropoda). Journal of Experimental Marine Biology and Ecology 106: 243-263.
Fields of Research
- Specialist studies in education (390499)
- Wildlife and habitat management (410407)
- Assessment and management of terrestrial ecosystems (180601)
- Other education and training (169999)
Conference Publication(1 outputs)
|2006||Edwards A, Jones SM, Wapstra E, Richardson AMM, Talbot SR, 'Zoology undergraduates 'Reach into Research' : Student volunteers Program', Teaching Matters, 5th annual meeting, November, 2006, Teaching Matters, 5th annual meeting, UTas (2006) [Conference Extract]|
Co-authors: Edwards A; Jones SM; Wapstra E; Richardson AMM
Other Public Output(1 outputs)
|2016||Garnham P, James LC, Lea MA, Ling SD, Reeves S, et al., 'Vice-Chancellor's Team Award for Outstanding Contribution to Enhancement for the Student Experience', University of Tasmania, Australia, 22 September (2016) [Award]|
Co-authors: Garnham P; James LC; Lea MA; Ling SD; Reeves S