Graduate Research Coordinator (GRC) Registration
The Graduate Research Coordinator (GRC) serves a critical role in the overall experience of Higher Degree by Research (HDR) candidates. The GRC is expected to be an exemplar of graduate research good practice, with advanced knowledge of rules, policies and procedures related to HDR candidature and experience in HDR supervision.
Core responsibilities of a GRC are:
- Making recommendations to the Dean of Graduate Research on HDR resource and candidature matters
- Signing off on candidature milestones and issues pertaining to candidature management
- Providing guidance to and/or mediation between candidates and supervisors on issues related to HDR candidature
For further information can be found in the Higher Degree by Research Graduate Research Coordination Policy.
To be appointed in a GRC role, the Head of School nominates an experienced academic staff member to the Dean of Graduate Research.
The nominee must:
- Be a current supervisor or has been a supervisor within the 2-year period immediately preceding the nomination to be appointed as a GRC
- Have significant supervisory experience, demonstrated by the number of candidates successful supervised to completion
- Be an active researcher within the University
A GRC is usually appointed for a 2-year term, however this may be extended in consultation with the Head of School.
Refer to the GRC Nomination form.
Our Researcher Development team provide an essential range of seminars and workshops that are designed to support academic staff in building and progressing their research careers.
The University of Tasmania's current GRC list is provided below:
Tasmanian Institute of Learning & Teaching (TILT)
School of Creative Arts & Media
Faculty of Education
School of Humanities
Faculty of Law
School of Social Sciences
School of Health Sciences
School of Medicine
School of Nursing
Menzies Institute for Medical Research
Wicking Dementia Research & Education Centre
Australian Maritime College
Institute for Marine & Antarctic Studies
School of Natural Sciences
School of Technology, Environments and Design
Tasmanian Institute of Agriculture