14 Jan 2021
- Due to Hub: 14 January 2021
- External deadline: 31 January 2021 (applications will need to be submitted by 5pm 29 January 2021 due to the external deadline being on a weekend)
The purpose of this grant is to encourage and enable innovative and creative research in the field of macular disease. The Grant Family Fund seeks to challenge and shift current paradigms and/or have a major impact on macular disease research through studies that creatively:
- Develop or use novel research concepts, approaches, methodologies, technologies or interventions
- Propose a reinterpretation, refinement, improvement or new application of existing theoretical concepts, approaches, methodologies, technologies or interventions
- Integrate and adapt concepts, approaches, methodologies, technologies or interventions from other research fields or disciplines for a new purpose or in a new way.
Grants are available for early-career researchers who have not held a substantial grant such as NHMRC or equivalent. Researchers without an advanced degree can apply provided they have an appropriate mentor. A total grant pool of up to $100,000 is available. It is anticipated that up to two grants of $50,000 for a one-year project duration will be awarded.
For more information please see the funding body website. If you intend to submit an application to this scheme please contact your Research Hub before the date listed above: