4 Mar 2021
- Due to Hub: 4 March 2021 (note earlier date due to public holiday)
- External deadline: 19 March 2021
The Mito Foundation supports mitochondrial disease patients and their families, funds essential research into the prevention, diagnosis, treatment and cures of mitochondrial disorders, and increases awareness and education about this devastating disease. The following funding opportunities are available:
- Clinical Trial Support Grants: These grants are available to Australian institutions to assist with their work on mitochondrial disorders. Grants are up to $75,000 per year for three years.
- Translational Research Grants: These grants fund projects that rapidly transform research discoveries into clinical practice. Grants are up to $150,000 per year for two years.
- Large Research Equipment Grants: These grants are to supplement the funding provided by a laboratory or other funding sources for the purchase of the equipment. Grants are between $50,000 and $300,000.
- Research Fellowships: These fellowships support early career researchers to develop a track record in mitochondrial research. Fellowship funding of up to $100,000 per year for two years is available.
For more information please see the funding body website. If you intend to submit an application to this scheme please contact your Research Hub before the date listed above: