|3rd Sep 2019 (all day)|
Graduate Research Development Day & 3MT final is a chance to meet new friends and colleagues, enhance your networks and support the 3MT finalists. It will be a welcoming and relaxed day.
Stanley Burbury Theatre, Sandy Bay Campus, Hobart
Graduate Research Development Day & 3MT Final
Tuesday 3rd September 10am - 6pm
Stanley Burbury Theatre and Derwent Sailing Squadron
We invite you to a new, exciting one-day event focused on your professional development and networking skills as a researcher. This gathering is open to all Higher Degree by Research candidates from all disciplines and at all stages of their degree.
Enjoy a day dedicated to your personal and professional progress:
- Enhance your research networks
- Meet new friends and colleagues
- Hear from engaging presenters who can provide advice on how to broaden your research pathways, engagement and impact
The event culminates in an afternoon of presentations from the UTAS 3MT finalists who are all competing for a place in the Asia-Pacific final. Come along and support your peers and vote in the people's choice award, as we revel in the variety of topics that are sure to thrill and inspire.
And to celebrate the successes of the day, there will be an opportunity to let your hair down over a drink and food at the evening reception.
We’d love to welcome you along!
Program of events
- 10.00am – 10.30am Morning tea
- 10.30am – 10.45am Welcome from the Dean of Graduate Research
- 10.45am – 11.15am It’s all about you!
- 11.15am – 12.00pm Keynote Presentation – An Unknown Adventure
- 12.00pm – 1.00pm Free lunch
- 1.00pm – 2.00pm Industry Engagement – Why it matters
- 2.15pm – 3.30pm Three Minute Thesis (3MT) UTAS Finals
- 4.00pm – 6.00pm Networking evening (Derwent Sailing Squadron)
Candidates based in the north: There will be a free bus from Newnham campus to and from the event. Bus departs 7am from Newnham and 6pm from Sandy Bay area. External candidates who are unable to utilise the free bus should contact email@example.com to discuss alternative travel arrangements if you would like to attend.