31 December 2019
The Research Project
This project focuses on applying machine learning to Human Resource Management practices. It offers potential for theoretical development and industrial application. Such tools may be implemented in support of day-to-day activities. The candidate will identify challenges to be solved using machine learning. An example is to utilise machine learning for interpretation of datasets corresponding to the assessment of employees’ performance.
The following eligibility criteria apply to this project:
- The project is open to domestic (Australian and New Zealand) and international candidates
- The degree must be undertaken on a full-time basis
- Applicants must already have been awarded a First Class Honours degree or hold equivalent qualifications or relevant and substantial research experience in an appropriate sector
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate strong research and analytical skills
Candidates from a variety of disciplinary backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Knowledge and skills that will be ranked highly include:
- Basic knowledge of quantitative research design
- Ability to utilise at least one statistical analysis software program such as SPSS, AMOS, SAS, STATA, Mplus
- Highly-developed communication skills
- Strong written skills in English
- Knowledge of computer programming and Bigdata
Please contact Dr Farveh Farivar for more information.