10 October 2022
About the research project
A significant volume of plantation hardwood logs is now being harvested across Australia and there is increasing interest in converting this resource into wood products for building. To do this efficiently, new techniques are required to batch logs into streams suitable for specific product groups.
Primary SupervisorMeet Prof Greg Nolan
Applicants will be considered for a Research Training Program (RTP) scholarship or Tasmania Graduate Research Scholarship (TGRS) which, if successful, provides:
- a living allowance stipend of $28,854 per annum (2022 rate, indexed annually) for 3.5 years
- a relocation allowance of up to $2,000
- a tuition fees offset covering the cost of tuition fees for up to four years (domestic applicants only)
If successful, international applicants will receive a University of Tasmania Fees Offset for up to four years.
As part of the application process you may indicate if you do not wish to be considered for scholarship funding.
Applicants should review the Higher Degree by Research minimum entry requirements.
Additional eligibility criteria specific to this project/scholarship:
- Applicants must be able to undertake the project on-campus
The project is competitively assessed and awarded. Selection is based on academic merit and suitability to the project as determined by the College.
There is a three-step application process:
- Select your project, and check you meet the eligibility and selection criteria;
- Contact the Primary Supervisor, Prof Greg Nolan to discuss your suitability and the project's requirements; and
- Submit an application by the closing date listed above.
- Copy and paste the title of the project from this advertisement into your application. If you don’t correctly do this your application may be rejected.
- As part of your application, you will be required to submit a covering letter, a CV including 2 x referees and your project research proposal.
Following the application closing date applications will be assessed within the College. Applicants should expect to receive notification of the outcome by email by the advertised outcome date.