18 July 2022
About the research project
Music and Media explores the various functions of music for established and emergent media, and investigates the nexus of technological innovation and music creation. This project will harness the multidisciplinary strengths of the University of Tasmania's School of Creative Arts and Media, and the state-of-the-art technology of the Hedberg - the University's new performing arts centre. Music for Media affords research potential to those wishing to explore areas such as film music, music for theatre, composition for 3D sound environments - utilising the Hedberg's AFC system, immersive and spatial audio design and composition, and the relationships between sound/music, screen, light, space, and audience experience.
Primary SupervisorMeet Dr Matt Boden
Applicants will be considered for a Research Training Program (RTP) scholarship or Tasmania Graduate Research Scholarship (TGRS) which, if successful, provides:
- a living allowance stipend of $28,854 per annum (2021 rate, indexed annually) for 3.5 years
- a relocation allowance of up to $2,000
- a tuition fees offset covering the cost of tuition fees for up to four years (domestic applicants only)
If successful, international applicants will receive a University of Tasmania Fees Offset for up to four years.
As part of the application process you may indicate if you do not wish to be considered for scholarship funding.
Applicants should review the Higher Degree by Research minimum entry requirements.
The project is competitively assessed and awarded. Selection is based on academic merit and suitability to the project as determined by the College.
There is a three-step application process:
- Select your project, and check you meet the eligibility and selection criteria;
- Contact the Primary Supervisor, Dr Matt Boden to discuss your suitability and the project's requirements; and
- Submit an application by the closing date listed above.
- Copy and paste the title of the project from this advertisement into your application. If you don’t correctly do this your application may be rejected.
- As part of your application, you will be required to submit a covering letter, a CV including 2 x referees and your project research proposal.
Following the application closing date applications will be assessed within the College. Applicants should expect to receive notification of the outcome by email by the advertised outcome date.