18 July 2022
About the research project
This project supports discipline-based and interdisciplinary research in the creative and performing arts, drawing on aspects of Australian and British music and associated creative cultures. Applicants in musicology, performance and music composition are invited to submit a proposal for a specialized music project drawing on the heritage of Australian and British music and seeking new ways to understand, create, and perform including investigations of historical or contemporary performance practice. Interdisciplinary projects are welcomed, which may include collaborations with other creative arts, humanities, Antarctic studies, social sciences, health, physical sciences or education.
Primary SupervisorMeet A/Prof Anne-Marie Forbes
Applicants will be considered for a Research Training Program (RTP) scholarship or Tasmania Graduate Research Scholarship (TGRS) which, if successful, provides:
- a living allowance stipend of $28,854 per annum (2022 rate, indexed annually) for 3.5 years
- a relocation allowance of up to $2,000
- a tuition fees offset covering the cost of tuition fees for up to four years (domestic applicants only)
If successful, international applicants will receive a University of Tasmania Fees Offset for up to four years.
As part of the application process you may indicate if you do not wish to be considered for scholarship funding.
Applicants should review the Higher Degree by Research minimum entry requirements.
The project is competitively assessed and awarded. Selection is based on academic merit and suitability to the project as determined by the College.
There is a three-step application process:
- Select your project, and check you meet the eligibility and selection criteria;
- Contact the Primary Supervisor, A/Prof Anne-Marie Forbes to discuss your suitability and the project's requirements; and
- Submit an application by the closing date listed above.
- Copy and paste the title of the project from this advertisement into your application. If you don’t correctly do this your application may be rejected.
- As part of your application, you will be required to submit a covering letter, a CV including 2 x referees and your project research proposal.
Following the application closing date applications will be assessed within the College. Applicants should expect to receive notification of the outcome by email by the advertised outcome date.