18 July 2022
About the research project
This project aims to investigate the impact that research-informed mathematical teaching strategies have on students' mathematical thinking behaviour. The project will involve Design-Based Research undertaken collaboratively with primary school teachers.
Primary SupervisorMeet A/Prof Tracey Muir
Applicants will be considered for a Research Training Program (RTP) scholarship or Tasmania Graduate Research Scholarship (TGRS) which, if successful, provides:
- a living allowance stipend of $28,854 per annum (2022 rate, indexed annually) for 3.5 years
- a relocation allowance of up to $2,000
- a tuition fees offset covering the cost of tuition fees for up to four years (domestic applicants only)
If successful, international applicants will receive a University of Tasmania Fees Offset for up to four years.
As part of the application process you may indicate if you do not wish to be considered for scholarship funding.
Applicants should review the Higher Degree by Research minimum entry requirements.
Additional eligibility criteria specific to this project/scholarship:
- Applications from people with an education/teaching background only
- Proficient English skills;
- Familiarity with Australian classrooms/curriculum desirable.
The project is competitively assessed and awarded. Selection is based on academic merit and suitability to the project as determined by the College.
Additional essential selection criteria specific to this project:
- Qualitative research skills
- Completion of a previous post-graduate degree or Honours
- Education/teaching background
- Experience in primary school mathematics teaching
- Experience with research methods
- Experience with DBR
Additional desirable selection criteria specific to this project:
There is a three-step application process:
- Select your project, and check you meet the eligibility and selection criteria;
- Contact the Primary Supervisor, A/Prof Tracey Muir to discuss your suitability and the project's requirements; and
- Submit an application by the closing date listed above.
- Copy and paste the title of the project from this advertisement into your application. If you don’t correctly do this your application may be rejected.
- As part of your application, you will be required to submit a covering letter, a CV including 2 x referees and your project research proposal.
Following the application closing date applications will be assessed within the College. Applicants should expect to receive notification of the outcome by email by the advertised outcome date.