27 March 2023
About the research project
Nowadays, companies do not compete against each other but their supply chains. The comprehensive supply chain network design and optimisation is regarded as an important component in business management in terms of achieving the maximum customer value while maintaining the lowest cost. Australian supply chain networks play a key role in Australia's national economy and international trade. Mapping and optimising Australian supply chain networks increases the visibility of supply chain capability which reduces the potential duplication of resources and efforts invested by stakeholders and increases the utility of existing services. Theories such as Complex Network theory and Social Network theory, and methods such as Genetic Algorithm and Clique Percolation method, will be developed to solve the question and achieve the research objective. Research and managerial implications will also be drawn through empirical studies. The research provides reference for policy makers and industrial practitioners in Australia when designing or re-designing their supply chain networks and maximising the utilisation of the existing supply chain network.
Primary SupervisorMeet Dr. Wei(Vera) Zhang
Applicants will be considered for a Research Training Program (RTP) scholarship or Tasmania Graduate Research Scholarship (TGRS) which, if successful, provides:
- a living allowance stipend of $31,500 per annum (2023 rate, indexed annually) for 3.5 years
- a relocation allowance of up to $2,000
- a tuition fees offset covering the cost of tuition fees for up to four years (domestic applicants only)
If successful, international applicants will receive a University of Tasmania Fees Offset for up to four years.
As part of the application process you may indicate if you do not wish to be considered for scholarship funding.
Applicants should review the Higher Degree by Research minimum entry requirements.
The project is competitively assessed and awarded. Selection is based on academic merit and suitability to the project as determined by the College.
Essential criteria :
- Good at data analytics, machine learning etc.
Desirable criteria :
- Supply chain, logistics management related background
There is a three-step application process:
- Select your project, and check you meet the eligibility and selection criteria;
- Contact the Primary Supervisor, Dr. Wei(Vera) Zhang to discuss your suitability and the project's requirements; and
- Submit an application by the closing date listed above.
- Copy and paste the title of the project from this advertisement into your application. If you don’t correctly do this your application may be rejected.
- As part of your application, you will be required to submit a covering letter, a CV including 2 x referees and your project research proposal.
Following the application closing date applications will be assessed within the College. Applicants should expect to receive notification of the outcome by email by the advertised outcome date.
Apply now Explore other projects