18 July 2022
About the research project
Chronic hepatitis B (CHB) is endemic across Northern Territory (NT) Indigenous communities with prevalence up to five times the national rate. One in four people with CHB will die from decompensated cirrhosis or liver cancer without appropriate care and treatment. In turn, liver disease is the third
Primary SupervisorMeet Dr Barbara de Graaff
The successful applicant will receive a scholarship which provides:
- a living allowance stipend funded by NHMRC of $28,854 per annum (2022 rate, indexed annually) for 3.5 years
- a tuition fees offset covering the cost of tuition fees for up to four years (domestic applicants only)
International applicants will receive a University of Tasmania Fees Offset for up to four years.
Applicants should review the Higher Degree by Research minimum entry requirements.
Additional eligibility criteria specific to this project/scholarship:
- Applicants must be able to undertake the project on-campus
The project is competitively assessed and awarded. Selection is based on academic merit and suitability to the project as determined by the College.
Additional desirable selection criteria specific to this project:
- Preference for an Indigenous candidate
- Experience in health services research, health economic evaluations and/or Indigenous health research
There is a three-step application process:
- Select your project, and check you meet the eligibility and selection criteria;
- Contact the Primary Supervisor, Dr Barbara de Graaff to discuss your suitability and the project's requirements; and
- Submit an application by the closing date listed above.
- Copy and paste the title of the project from this advertisement into your application. If you don’t correctly do this your application may be rejected.
- As part of your application, you will be required to submit a covering letter, a CV including 2 x referees and your project research proposal.
Following the application closing date applications will be assessed within the College. Applicants should expect to receive notification of the outcome by email by the advertised outcome date.