We pride ourselves on research leadership and value students who want to pursue a research career. We aim to support you to not only make an impact in your chosen field, but also develop the skills you need for the career you want.
- As a University of Tasmania research degree candidate, you will be also be enrolled in the Graduate Certificate in Research. This helps you to acquire the skills and training you need to complete your research.
- The University of Tasmania is committed to supporting the research potential of staff. Our Researcher Development Programme provides an essential range of seminars and workshops that are designed to support academic staff and research degree candidates in building and progressing their research careers.
- All research degree candidates will have access to the competitive Conference & Research Travel Funding Scheme, Development for HDR Candidates workshops and Online Development Resources.
- Our annual Graduate Research Conference is one of the highlights of the year. It's a chance for you to present your work in progress, network with other research degree candidates from across the disciplines and share ideas.
- The Graduate Research Office is here to support you with your Higher Degree by Research (HDR) application and throughout your candidature.