Dung Trung Bui
Location: Room E008, E Building, Newnham campus
Phone no: +61 410 859 326
I am a PhD candidate at the Centre for Rural Health.
I have a background in the Doctor of Medicine and worked as the Continuing Medical Education (CME) manager in a governmental hospital in Hanoi, Vietnam. I have worked with an extensive network of training units of provincial general and specialist hospitals in Northern Vietnam regarding practical skill training programs with purposes of enhancing professional capacities of medical staff there.
I am interested in many aspects of public health, but particularly in medical education, hospital management and oral care. I have several publications written in both English and Vietnamese in domestic journals in the areas of e-Learning, oral care, healthcare leadership, and machine learning technique.
I have studied at the Centre for Rural Health since August 2018. My PhD thesis relates to the application of technologies to enhance the remote learning of healthcare workers in rural and remote areas in Australia.
I completed the Doctor of Medicine degree at Hanoi Medical University in 2005 and the Master of Public Health at the Queensland University of Technology in 2017. My passion for medical education and technologies has lead me from clinical medical staff to a CME manager since 2007 and then motivated me to undertake the current PhD project.
|Degree||Thesis title||University||Country and Year of award||Scholarships|
|Master of Public Health||The hospital quality management in Khanh Hoa province: A cross-sectional study||Queensland University of Technology||Australia|
|Australian Award Scholarship|
|Diploma of Hospital Management||N/A||School of Economics and Law Berlin||Germany|
|Certificate of tele-medicine||N/A||TEMDEC, Kyushu University Hospital||Japan|
|Doctor of Medicine||Research acute urticarial allergy caused by medicine allergy in the Department of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, Bach Mai hospital from 2001 to 2005||Hanoi Medical University||Vietnam|
Languages (other than English)
- Bui TD. The importance of trust and transparency in health care leadership. Journal of Medicine and Pharmacy, Hue University of Medicine and Pharmacy, 2016, 6, pp.75-80.
- Le TNA, Nguyen TTX, Hoang XD, Bui TD. The machine learning technique - classification to predict Cholera. Journal of Science and Technology, Danang University, 2016, 3, pp.1-4.
- Bui TD, Dinh TTH. New approach for medical education in Vietnam - opportunities and challenges. Vietnam Journal of Medicine and Pharmacy, 2015, 7(1), pp.26-33.
- Bui TD, Tran NT. Assessment of periodontal disease in students at Hanoi Medical University. Vietnam Journal of Medicine and Pharmacy, 2015, 9(3), pp.52-59.
- Bui TD. The efficacy of scaling in the first-year students with gingivitis at Hanoi Medical University. Journal of Medicine and Pharmacy, Hue University of Medicine and Pharmacy, 2014, 6, pp.44-46.
- Bui TD. The status of gingivitis of the first-year-students in Hanoi Medical University, Hanoi, Vietnam. Clinical Medical Journal, Bach Mai hospital, 2014, 78, pp.58-65.
- Bui TD. Implementing a new learning method in Vietnam. Journal of Practical Medicine, Vietnam Ministry of Health, 2014, 3(907), pp.52-6.
- Medical education;
- e-Learning or remote learning;
- Health leadership;
- Hospital management;
- Oral care.