Location: Centre for Rural Health, E Block, Newnham Campus
Priya is a dentist and had been working as a clinical academician in a public University in Malaysia for three years full time and for years part time. During here part time position as an academician she took up a grant project from Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia and worked in Regenerative Medicine. From 2015-2016 she was a visiting researcher for a on a project in Swinburne University, Victoria. Currently, she is undertaking a doctoral project on Improving “Oral Health Related Quality of Life in Community Dwelling Older Adults in Rural Tasmania.”
Bachelor of Dental Surgery, Master of Science (Manipal, India)
Oral Health, Aged Health Care, Medical and Health Sciences ,Health and Community Services, Dental Materials and Equipment, Technology , Higher Education, Primary Health Care, Community engagement, Health Promotion, Cellular, Immunology, Oral Microbiota , Biomarkers in diagnostics, Salivary proteomics, Teaching and Learning, Blended learning, Innovation in Teaching and assessment.
Improving the Oral Health of Community Dwelling Elders in Rural Tasmania
As the old age sets in elders become more functionally dependent and eventually shift from independent living to more supported care. Due to increased retention of teeth and oral diseases into older age can create a considerable burden of disease. Poor oral health can lead to pain, social isolation and malnutrition and is associated with chronic conditions such as frailty and diabetes adversely impacting overall well being of an individual. This project aims at the determinants of oral related quality of life in community dwelling older adults in rural Tasmania and eventually design a intervention strategy to improve their oral health of prior to their entry to residential aged care facilities.
|Supervisors||Associate Prof. Tony Barnett and Dr Ha Hoang|
- ‘Dental Treatment and Special Needs Patients (SNPs): Dentist’s Point of View in Selected Cities of Malaysia.’, Bindal, P., Lin, C., Bindal, U., Safi,S., Zainuddin, Z., & Lionel, A. Biomedical Research.
- ‘Dental students’ perceptions on patients with HIV or hepatitis B infection’, Bindal, P., Bindal, U., Safi, S. & Hussain, K. Annual Research Reviews. (2014)
- Student and Teachers Perspective on Cyber-Bullying Umesh B, Ali NN , Farzana , Bindal P , Aminath NN. J Foren Psy 2018.
- Aspirations, Concerns and Psychology of University Students after Graduating Bachelor’s Degree Umesh B, Farzana R, Aminath NN, Bindal P. J Foren Psy 2018.
- ‘Clinical pairing revisited: a study at the University of Malaya, Malaysia.’, Ahmad, N. A., Naimie, Z., Lui, J. L., Aziz, A. A., Abdullah, M., Abu Kasim, N. H., Abu Kassim, N. L., Toh, C. G., Thong, Y. L., Abdul Razak, A. A., Abdullah, H., Che’ Ab Aziz, Z. A., Sulaiman, E., Gonzalez, M. A. G. & Bindal, P. Journal of dental education, 2012.
- ‘Pairing as an instructional strategy to promote soft skills amongst clinical dental students’, Abu Kasim, N. H., Abu Kassim, N. L., Razak, A. A. A., Abdullah, H., Bindal, P., Che’ Abdul Aziz, Z. A., Sulaiman, E., Farook, M. S., Gonzalez, M. A. G., Thong, Y. L., Ahmad, N. A., Naimie, Z., Abdullah, M., Lui, J. L. & Abdul Aziz, A. European Journal of Dental Education, 2014.
- ‘Comparative Effects of Turmeric, Coffee, and Chewable Tobacco on the Color Stability of Tooth-colored Restorative Materials’, Bindal, P., Bindal, U., Dabbagh, A., Ramanathan, A. & Ginjupalli, K.) Open Journal of Dentistry and Oral Medicine, 2015
- ‘Labial Impressions: A Tool for Identification’, Umesh Bindal, Bindal, P., Nurul Athikha bt Ramli Journal of Forensic Research. OMICS International, 2014.
- Morphological Analysis of Vermilion Border and its Forensic Application. Bindal U., Shajan K., Mitra NK., Bindal P. Open Journal of Dentistry and Oral Medicine, 2015.
- Immune responses of human dental pulp stem cells in lipopolysaccharide induced microenvironment. P Bindal, TS Ramasamy, NHA Kasim, N Gnanasegaran, CW Lin, Cell biology international, 2018..
- Dental pulp tissue engineering and regenerative endodontic therapy. P Bindal, NHA Kasim, TS Ramasamy, A Dabbagh, Keyvan Moharamzadeh, Wen L Chai. Biomaterials for Oral and Dental Tissue Engineering, 2018, Elsevier publication.
- Neuro-fuzzy method for predicting the viability of stem cells treated at different time- concentration conditions. Bindal, P., Bindal U, Lin CW , Kasim NHA, Ramasamy TSAP, Dabbagh A, Salwana E, Shamshirband S., Techno Health Care, 2016
- The 2015 Tissue Engineering Congress, London, UK, 8–10 September 2015.
- Angiogenic effect of platelet-rich concentrates on dental pulp stem cells in inflamed microenvironment. Bindal P, Gnanasegaran N, Bindal U, Haque N, Ramasamy TS, Chai WL, Kasim NHA. Clinical oral investigations, 2019
- Beta Adrenergic Receptors Stimulation Attenuates Phosphorylation of NF-κB and IκBα in Hyperglycemic Endothelial Cells. Safi S.Z., Shah H., Qvist R., Bindal P., Mansor M., Yan G.O.S., Ismail I.S.B. Cellular Physiology and Biochemistry, 2018