From the early stages of the COVID-19 pandemic the University heightened its cleaning program on campus.
As we lift our restrictions to people on campus we will also:
- ensure any buildings on campus frequented are cleaned at least daily with detergent or disinfectant;
- ensure cleaners wear gloves when cleaning and wash their hands thoroughly with soap or use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser before and after wearing gloves;
- clean frequently touched areas and surfaces several times a day with a detergent or disinfectant solution or wipe;
- instruct workers to clean personal property that comes to work, such as sunglasses, mobile phones and iPads with disinfectant, such as disinfectant wipes;
- provide sufficient cleaning products (including SDS’s) and safe work procedures for cleaning equipment, tools, objects and vehicles between use;
Assessing a space or activity
- Review the campus building staged opening program for building status and what contract cleaning occurs already occurs in your facilities.
- Assess what additional cleaning procedures are require for the space or activity for specialised equipment (e.g. microscope, tools etc), shared objects or equipment (e.g. photocopier, stapler, workstation) between use.
- Use the UTAS COVID-Safe Plan Checklist (PDF 206.7 KB) to guide you through the requirements.
- Additional guidance is provided in the Safe Work Australia Cleaning Checklist and a comprehensive guide on How to clean and disinfect your workplace to keep it safe and limit the spread of COVID-19.
- Use the suite of infographics (PPTX 9.7 MB) under ‘Signage and Posters’ below to create your own Cleaning Procedure signage.
COVID-Safe cleaning stations have been set up across our campuses and supplies are available for those activities not covered by the cleaning stations.
If you have activities that require specialist supplies, please contact Facility Management by emailing your requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I handle shared paper or book materials?
Shared books/exam papers/other paper material should be quarantined for 72 hours as per SWA cleaning guidelines for those materials that cannot be cleaned with detergent and disinfectant.