Skip to content

High Risk Work and Permit to Work

Infrastructure Services and Development (ISD) oversee the management of contractor high risk work and the issuing of Permit to Work.

Permit to Work

A number of Permits to Work are in place for high risk University work. They include:

  • Removal of Asbestos
  • Hot Works e.g. welding
  • Confined Space Entry
  • Working at Heights
  • Excavations, Demolition and Penetration
  • Energised electrical
  • Fire system impairments and isolations

These high risk activities must be managed in accordance with ISD permit requirements.    The permit and associated procedures can be found on the ISD website via the Contractors and Consultants Link  and the  ISD Work Health and Safety Link

Extra guidance information can be found via the following links: