Officer at the University of Tasmania
Members of Council, Deans of Faculties, Heads of Schools and Centres, Directors/Principals of Institutes, Heads of Divisions and Sections and Members of Boards having strategic management responsibility are deemed to be Officers pursuant to Section 27 of the Act.
- Code of Practice (PDF 364KB) - Work Health and Safety Consultation, Cooperation and Coordination
- Code of Practice (PDF 487KB) - How to Manage Work Health and Safety Risks
- List of current Officers at the University of Tasmania.
- Officer Due Diligence Self Assessment (Word 415KB)
- Officer Safety Observation Form (Word 410KB) DOC 76.5 KB
- Safety Management Cyclic Events Calendar (Word 75KB)
- Michael Tooma's book: Due Diligence: Duty of Officers - EBook available from the University of Tasmania Library at https://utas.wheelers.co/title/9781922042088/epub
- Safety Health and Wellbeing Strategy 2019-2024 (PDF 132KB)
- Health and Safety Policy
Officers receive specific training and information to ensure they understand their due diligence obligations through Safety and Wellbeing.
The University undertakes an annual Management Review Audit. Officers from Heads of Colleges and Divisions are provided with an Action Plan at the end of the audit to assist them with budget and preparation to prioritise and allocate resources.