Why we want you to focus on R U OK?
This month we encourage you to ask a simple question that can make a significant difference to the people in your world – R U OK?
R U OK? Day on 10th September is a national day of action and a reminder to remember every day to support people who may be struggling with life’s ups and downs. It inspires and empowers everyone to meaningfully connect with people and start a conversation with anyone who may be struggling with life. As COVID-19 impacts the economy, these conversations are critical to supporting the health and wellbeing of our communities.
As well as the following resources check out the Safety & Wellbeing Beyond R U OK web page.
Webinar - R U OK?
Newport & Wildman invites you to develop a daily habit of asking the people around you, R U OK? This webinar provides strategies and tips to support you to confidently approach family, friends and colleagues to ask ‘R U OK?’
Date: 01/09/2020 – 10/10/2020 - Register Here
- How to have the R U OK? Conversation (PDF 275KB)
- R U OK? Talking to Young People (PDF 401KB)
- Tips on ways to create a mentally health workplace (PDF 267KB)
- Tips to support your mental health and wellbeing (PDF 355KB)
- Resources for Indigenous Peoples
- LGBTQI Resources
- Education Resources
- Video: How to ask R U OK? at work
Awareness Days and Activities
- 7-11th September: Women’s Health Week
- 10th September: R U OK? Day
- Lifeline’s Out of the Shadows – natural suicide prevention walks held to coincide with World Suicide Prevention Day.
- 10th September: World Suicide Prevention Day
Links to these resources and websites can be found on the WHS web page under What’s New. For more information please call Newport and Wildman on 1800 650 204 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Newport & Wildman offer a wide variety of online resources to University of Tasmania employees via an Employee Page. Any employee with a utas.edu.au email address can access these resources by creating an account. Click on the Employees Registration Form complete the details and you will receive confirmation from Newport Wildman once they have set up your account.
If you would like a print version of this page for your local noticeboard, download the RU OK Flyer (PDF 62KB).