Who are we?
The University of Tasmania Cricket Club plays in the Cricket Tasmania Premier League with leading Australian, Tasmanian and Big Bash League players including Ben Hilfenhaus, Tim Paine, James Faulkner, Sasha Moloney and Katelyn Fryett.
With around 400 playing members, their families, and prime access to a University of Tasmania Hobart campus community of up to 20,000, UTAS Cricket is involved across all ages, genders and skill-levels.
What we do?
UTAS Cricket offers cricket programs for males and females including:
- Woolworths Cricket Blast - Junior Blasters (Age 5-8 Boys & Girls)
- Woolworths Cricket Blast - Master Blasters (Age 7-11 Boys & Girls)
- Hurricanes Junior League Stage 1 & Stage 2 (Under 12 Boys & Girls)
- Youth Cricket (Under 13 Boys, Under 15 Girls, Under 15 Boys & Under 17 Boys)
- Senior Grade Premier League Cricket for Men and Women (Men's 1st, 2nd and 3rd Grade; Women's 1st Grade & Development Grade)
- Community Cricket (Social Men's & Over 40's)
We also have a close relationship with Cricket Tasmania helping to develop talented cricketers who will form part of the ongoing success of cricket in Tasmania and Australia.
We work closely with the University of Tasmania to help promote the University in a variety of ways including our Annual Cricket Scholarship, intervarsity cricket, faculty cricket events and other multicultural activities on campus to name but a few.
Our responsibility for the development of cricket also sees us promoting the game through many local schools and regional areas beyond our normal catchment area. We take this responsibility very seriously and we look forward to sharing our passion for cricket with others in our community.