Applications for 2020 are now open
- Applications are open to continuing and new students of the University of Tasmania or a UTAS affiliated institution.
- There are accommodation options in both Hobart and Launceston, so please make sure that you select an accommodation option on the campus where you will be studying.
- Demand for residential accommodation is high so we strongly recommend that you apply early. Residencies normally span the full academic year, although a small number of one-semester places are available.
- Applications for accommodation for an English Language Course (ELC), single semester or full academic year must be completed online.
- The application process below can be used to apply for both on and off campus housing, for homestay information please see our homestay application information.
- When you have successfully completed your application you will be given an application number and password. Don’t lose them. You will need them to check on the progress of your application in the future.
- Offers for accommodation are subject to an holding fee of $150 and a security deposit of $500, payable when you accept your offer.
Australian Maritime College Students
If you are attending a course at the Australian Maritime College that is classed as a Seafaring Course - for example, Deckwatchkeeper, PreSea, Chief Mate Master, Chief Engineer - or if your course does not run from 17 February to mid-November, please apply online using the links below. Once you have registered an account, you will have the option of applying for “AMC Seafaring Vocational Courses”.