Your Student ID is your everything card, you'll be able to use it for:
- building access
- verifying your identity
Your Student ID card is free for your whole degree. If a card expires and needs extending, or if its faulty it can be replaced for free of charge. Otherwise, there is a $10 charge to replace lost or damaged cards.
If you got your card prior to February 2019, you can update it to the new electronic format.
Simply upload a passport-style photo of yourself and select the 'Receive by Mail' option and your card will be posted out to you. Make sure your mailing address is up-to-date in eStudent.
Otherwise, you can pick up or get your ID produced at the following locations:
- Sandy Bay - Morris Miller Library
- Hobart City - MidCity Student Services
- Hobart City - KPMG (during Orientation week and Week 1)
- Launceston (Newnham) - Student Services
- Launceston (Newnham) - Launceston Campus Library (pick up of IDs ordered online through the MyID kiosk only)
- Cradle Coast Campus - Student Services
- Rozelle - Student Services
TasTAFE Visual Arts students
For Staff ID Card please visit the Staff Intranet.
The University of Tasmania collects stores and uses information, including student images, for the purpose of administration of the student's enrolment and progress in their study, the provision of other services to the student by the University and to comply with the Higher Education Support Act 2003. Student images (photographs) are collected and stored for the purpose of:
- the production of a photographic identification card
- producing a replacement card using an existing image
- the production of photographic class lists
All information and images are collected and stored on a secure server in accordance with the University of Tasmania