Be the change you want to see in the world
If you want to stand out from the herd and create your own leadership story, we will help you tell it.
We recognise the potential for leadership to develop at all levels of society and to be both personally and collectively transformational.
As a student with us of you can access a range of opportunities to learn, experience and be recognised for your leadership.
This may include building your self-awareness and capacity to self-reflect; volunteering opportunities within your community, working with diverse groups of people towards a shared goal and/or contributing to positive change for your community.
Our programs are tailored to you individually so you can focus on your own personal aspirations and journey. You'll explore the concepts of leadership through self-discovery and activities that lead to a positive change in the world.
Leadership opportunities include:
- A leadership development course
- Becoming a student representative
- Student Jobs and Leadership Roles
- Opportunity to get official recognition for these and other experiences through the Vice Chancellor's Leadership Program
Being a volunteer means surrounding yourself with like-minded people and working together to help others. All year round, the University of Tasmania has many volunteering opportunities available to all students from a variety of backgrounds.
Meet new friends, network, and make unique connections.
Increasingly, employers are looking for demonstrated leadership experience and skills when recruiting university graduates.
There are a number of professional and personal benefits to be gained from volunteering. Volunteering will give you the opportunity to:
- Meet new people
- Help others
- Have your hours formally recognised by the University of Tasmania
- Improve your communication skills
- Enhance your career opportunities
- Develop your leadership skills