The University of Tasmania does not tolerate any abuse of children and young people and will employ best practices to provide safe physical and online environments and protect children and young people from harm.
If you believe a child or young person is at immediate risk, call for emergency assistance by phoning 000 and then contact the University’s Safety and Security Team on +61 3 6226 7600.
If you have concerns for a child or young person’s safety, you are obligated to report it to the following:
- Child Safety Service (TAS): 1800 000 123
- NSW Child Protection: 13 2111
- Local police
If on university campus also contact the Safe and Fair Community Unit on +61 3 6226 2560 or by emailing SaFCU@utas.edu.au
All reports of child safety concerns will be taken seriously and managed sensitively in accordance with the University’s policies and procedures. Child safety concerns raised may include:
- disclosures of abuse or harm
- allegations, suspicions or observations of abuse or harm
- witnessing or having information about concerning inappropriate behaviour that may breach the Child Safety Code of Conduct.